Say hello to the mother & father of Cocoa — the Cacao Bean!
It’s the bittersweet superfood that we all need to be eating — RAW.
Raw unprocessed Cacao is filled with iron, dietary fiber, calcium, zinc, potassium, and antioxidants. Not only is it filled with all these essential nutrients, but it has some pretty amazing benefits.
- Promotes the release of Serotonin, a neurotransmitter, that acts as an anti-depressant. bye bye blues.
- Stimulates secretion of endorphins, phenylethylamine, and anandamide — all mood enhancers.
- Rich source of flavonoids, promoting cardiovascular health and protecting against toxins.
- Rich source of manganese – helping to oxygenate the blood – clearer mind & body
- Rich is magnesium – helps to balance brain chemistry.
- Rich in sulfur – which builds strong nails, hair, and promotes beautiful skin — sign me up!
Doesn’t this bittersweet bean sound amazing? I think so. Although it doesn’t taste as good as our processed dark chocolate bars – it makes us feel even better!
Use Raw Cacao to make your desserts healthier, add it to smoothies, or your fav. trail mixes.
I mix raw almonds, cashews, pepitas, cacao nibs, cinnamon and dried fruits for a extremely nutritious trail mix.
*information & facts provided by Livestrong.
Find raw cacao nibs here!
What’s your fav. way to eat Cacao?
get your cacao on! xo. K